Thursday, November 11, 2010

I am kind of contradicting myself, I hear Christmas music on the radio and it drives me crazy, however my Christmas lights are up on my house and I make sure to turn them on every night. Weird, yes, but I still feel like time is running out and it will be here before you know it. Its kinda like the feeling of going shopping on Halloween and seeing Christmas stuff up at the stores and all the Halloween stuff is marked down. Hello, its still Halloween time and it hasn't even passed yet. Or going shopping in the middle of summer and the stores start putting out fall clothing, how are you suppose to find a swimming suit when all that's there is long sleeved shirts and pants. I just don't get it, maybe they are a little too antsy and want to put all the stuff out immediately.
It will be Turkey time soon and I am excited!
Hubby is cooking at our house this year and he is such a wonderful cook.
He really wants a TerDukIn (Turkey,Duck,Chicken) all in one, I have never had one so it will be interesting. However I do love turkey and chicken, the duck part and I not sold on yet.
I will help him with the sides, so anything out of a box I can make. And of course the awesome Costco pumpkin pie, if you haven't had one of these you are missing out. I do miss the really chocolate cream cheese pie that my Aunt Sherry makes too, so maybe I will have to venture out of my box recipes and make this one this year.
The thing I am really going to miss is the Black Friday with Aunt Sherry this year. Last year we had so much fun, I was totally beat when it was all over but the two of us pulled an all night er with quite a few of those 5 hr energy shots and made it to all of the places we wanted!! She is a shopper. I think that all my Idahoian family are shoppers! I love you guys and we will miss you this year. We are trying to talk Aunt Linda into a Christmas party at her house this year to get everyone together, we will see if it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment